St. Patrick’s Day is one of those holidays that is special to some but not to others. Although, being a kid, it is always fun to dress up in green, pinch people, and think that a leprechaun just threw glitter all over your house.
If you are interested in things you can do on St. Patrick’s Day, then check out these fun ways to make this special day really special for your kids:
There are sponsored links on this page from which I may get a commission at no added cost to you. For more information, please read my Privacy Statement.
How To Make St. Patrick’s Day Extra Special For Your Kids
There are affiliate links on this page.
- Decorate your home with homemade or bought St. Patrick’s Day Decorations
- Bake shamrock shaped cookies
- Start off the morning with Shamrock Pancakes and green syrup
- Only drink green drinks and eat green food for the day
- Make your own St. Patrick’s Day cards for friends and family
- Watch funny movies 🙂
- Make fun St. Patrick’s Day Treats!
- Make a St. Patrick’s Day card for someone in the nursing home or children’s hospital
- Make or buy some shamrock treats for your favorite pet
- Play St. Patrick’s Day games that you find on Pinterest
- Create the illusion that a leprechaun just caused some trouble in your home (kind of like the elf on the shelf would, but you can’t actually see leprechauns!)
Looking For More Fun Things To Do? Grab your free copy of 198 Fun Things to Do With Your Kids this Summer, Winter, and Fall.
- Host a St. Patrick’s Day tea party with friends and serve shamrock shaped cookies and green sherbet punch.
- Serve your kids breakfast in bed
- Cut all of their lunch items into shamrock shapes with your shamrock cookie cutter
- Put a funny st Patrick’s day joke in their lunch box
- Read great books about St. Patrick’s Day
- Pass out cookies to older people in your neighborhood that you know live alone
- Make everyone’s favorite meal … then turn it green
- Serve everything on shamrock plates
- Make shamrock shaped Rice Krispie treats with your shamrock cookie cutter
- Have a dance party to Irish music and only dance doing the Irish jig!
Other Things to Make St. Patrick’s Day Extra Special:
As a stay at home mom myself, I have found ways to keep myself sane and organized while loving what I do …be home with my kids! After 14 years of being home, I realized other moms may benefit from some of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years. Join me to learn ways to manage your home and life as a stay at home mom so you can make time to enjoy the best part…family. Things I love…feeling motivated, Harry Potter, being outside, and digging deeper into my life and my family’s life in order to make it better. I have a Degree in Biology and am also a freelance writer.