Many times, we really want Valentines Day to be special, but we run out of time to actually put the time into making it special. Last year I decided to make valentines day extra special for my kids because they were both off school!
And guess what I found out. It doesn’t have to take hours of planning and shopping. It can be super simple and still be special.
I sometimes suggest products that I love in order to help make your life a little easier. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission which I use to keep my blog up and running. There is never any additional cost to you. ~Thank you in advance if you decide to make a purchase.
This page contains affiliate links, please read our Disclosure for more information.
If you are interested in fun ideas of things you can do on valentines day, then check out these fun ways to make Valentine’s Day special for your kids:
- Decorate your home with homemade Valentine’s Day decorations
- Bake heart shaped cookies
- Start off the morning with Heart Pancakes
- Dye all your food and drinks pink, red, or purple
- Make your own Valentine’s Day cards
- Watch heartfelt movies like the ones on Hallmark Channel or movies about puppies 🙂
- Make Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Make a Valentine’s Day card for someone in the nursing home
- Make or buy some treats for your favorite pet
- Play Valentine’s Day games that you find on Pinterest
- Make a special dinner for the whole family with candles, a table cloth, and that special China you got for your wedding and never use.
- Go ice skating as a family
Looking For More Fun Things To Do?
Grab your free copy of 198 Fun Things to Do With Your Kids for this Summer, Winter, and Fall.
- Host a Valentine’s Day tea party with friends and serve heart shaped cookies and pink sherbet punch
- Serve your kids breakfast in bed
- Cut all of their lunch items into heart shapes with your heart cookie cutter
- Put a love note in their lunch box
- Read great books about valentines day
- Pass out cookies or candy to older people in your neighborhood that you know live alone.
- Make everyone’s favorite meal
- Serve everything on heart plates
- Make heart shaped rice krispie treats
- Make chocolate covered strawberries
- Valentine’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Valentine’s Day Crafts for Baby
Items You May Need:
Happy Valentines Day!